Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, was that you in that teal Cat yesterday in Skull (June 23, 2015)? If so, please e-mail me at [email protected] and I will send you a thumb drive of the photos I took of your group. In order for me to send out a thumb drive, you will need to e-mail me the number of people in your group, how many boats your group had, and the boats colors. Also include your ground address. It was a good run you had! Yours, the fly on the high wall...

Attachments

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Wild, the teal cat is on the photo attached to the first post. Hope we can connect this photo to that person... yours, tom

·
Registered
219 Posts
Tom,
Any chance you are going to publish a rivermaps guide book for the Colorado above Powell? Cataract thru Ruby/Horsetheif?

·
Registered
676 Posts
saw your video on reddit last night. was waiting for some action of someone running at 30k. impressive.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tallboy, yes, that's the plan.

Dancan, the "plan" was to drop 3/4 mile below Skull and exit the river in a small drainage on river left and hike back overland. But things did not work out that way. We were surfed left into a small eddy maybe 1/4 mile below Skull where we saw a small pocket bay just big enough to get the 16 foot bucket-boat in. We tied up in that cove and i hiked up through the schist to the rim, then walked the flatland over to above Skull. At that point I saw a small ledge out in the wall over the rapid. It was a bit sporty getting out to the ledge, but once there, I was in shade from a pinion tree above me for over an hour watching, and finally the Teal Cat trip came along. Once they left, I split back to the boat, where Hazel and Krystin were kindly waiting...

Who's Teal cat is that???

·
Sponsoring Vendors
1,466 Posts
I wish I had someone like tom randomly taking pics of my group. I cant tell you how many times ive given my email to people scouting and taking pics of me. I have never gotten one email with pics after emil exchange. I guess I should start grabbing their email instead.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts