Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Taylor river is closed or open or partially thereof. I've heard one of the ranch owners on the river is a big punk ass. I also heard of someone putting a fence across there too. Last year that fella sued the state of colorado, the taylor had been grand fathered in as a navigable stream. I don't know if thats still the case though. :evil:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Haven't heard anything about it being closed. We boated upper and lower last season without issue. I know that one punk ass up there was convicted of felony menacing and is on a very long probation. He is also forbidden to posses a firearm - at least for a long time.

Go run it and let us all know how it goes. :wink:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Check with the paddle shop at Three Rivers Resort in Almont (888)-761-3474.

http://www.3riversoutfitting.com/

There are some areas along the Tayor that are "sensitive", that you should be aware of, just to avoid unnessary confrontations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well that sounds good. I'll definetly be up there on sunday to do a run, and I will probably be there saturday afternoon. If I don't get there in time to do a run on saturday I will be at the climbing area. If any one wants to come on up. The more the merry. Oh yeah, look for a white ford ranger with a maroon campershell.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Taylor is open

The Taylor is totally open. I boated it on Saturday, it is kinda rock garden style though. It would be awesome with some more water. There wasn't any problem accessing it for put-ins or take-outs. :D Have fun!
Anne

·
Registered
698 Posts
there is no problem on the taylor unless you swim........landowners are a bit protective but ok.... when in doubt swim to the river right.....the water is on its way up, 450 at 3rivers.... the problem guy is located upstream on the upper,upper section.....(lotis creek confluence down).....i have never had a problem in 12 years of trips there.....beautiful, technical and cold.....3-3+ish.....have fun!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts