Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I looked through the last discussion of creekboats and I still have one question:

What creek boat will someone who is 6'6" fit into. I'm 205lbs so I'll be on the light side for any of them I guess but so far the only one i'm confident about is the Mega Rocker. Anyone know about the Burn L?

Are there any others that'd work?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would check out the Mega Rocker from Jackson. You are a perfect weight for it and it is the most comfortable creek boat i have ever paddled. I know it sounds like a lot of boat, being that it is 93 gallons, but there is truly no real noticable difference. Get in touch with Joe Keck and he can help you out if you live in CO

·
Registered
851 Posts
Nomad 8.5. Most proven creek boat ever.

http://www.teamdagger.com/ssp/news?news_id=8

http://www.teamdagger.com/ssp/news?news_id=21

I am 6'4 235lbs and it fits perfect with plenty of room to spare. Make sure if you get a creek boat it has a rotomolded seat, not thermoform. I won't point fingers but some of the boats you are going to hear about fail to mention they have thermoform seats. They wont take hits like a full roto seat.

hobie
Dagger Kayaks

Also, if you need to try a demo I have a few 8.5's you can try out. Just send me a PM.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
the burn would be good to go

·
Registered
118 Posts
Burn

I'm about your size. I bought a Large Burn after breaking my H3 that I had paddled for 3 seasons. I like the Burn. I prefer a planning hull, which is why I didn't look at a Nomad.

Doug

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
I'm 6'4" and paddle a Nomad 8.5 as well- plenty of room for bigger feet and longer legs. I'm quite a bit lighter than you, & I don't think there's a problem with 'too much' volume. And it's truly a great creekboat (no, I don't work for Dagger) - I believe the design alone has given me a confidence boost from prior creekers I've owned. But to Doug's point, it's not a true planing hull so if that's your gig, maybe the Burn is a better way to go. I've also heard that big dude have been drooling about the Mega, so that's probably worth a test drive.

Take up Hobie on his offer for a demo...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Thanks for the advice, I went for the Burn. Loads of space, I even have to pull the foot block up one notch. Taking it to NC next week, can't wait.:mrgreen:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts