Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Floated the Blue yesterday from the Damn to Trough Road. The kayakers took out at the first bridge. Is this public? If anyone has some info on this I would be forever gr8ful.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[it's public access for kayakers only and to take out only.]

What about inflatable kayaks or micro-cats? If it can be carried on ones shoulder? I saw a guy with a 9 or 10ft. inflatable kayak who must have taken out at the bridge so I'm assuming the land owners don't mind if it can be carried by one person.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I would doubt any trouble with IK's. I really can't speak for mini cats though. I just don't personally know. My impression of the area is that anything causing a disruption could be trouble for everyone. It's definitely one of those spots where it is important to think beyond yourself. Be fast, courteous, quiet and get out of sight and the way as quick as possible(for example...don't block traffic!). If you did risk a mini cat then I would certainly on have it so you just throw it in the back of a pickup and left. The mess of unrigging has potential for problems for everyone.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[If you did risk a mini cat then I would certainly on have it so you just throw it in the back of a pickup and left. The mess of unrigging has potential for problems for everyone.]

Thanks for the information. I'm actually faster loading up the micro-cat as opposed to my yak. I don't need a skirt or wet top for the cat so no undressing which is my favorite part of kayaking... the public nudity. Just some oars, waves, and a few beers... then I throw it in the back of my truck and I'm off. It's only 7ft. I'm usually not one to back traffic and am quite considerate. Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts