Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im organizing a May Deso trip for a group of 8th graders that I teach as an outdoor education trip. The 2 outfitters that seem to be the most customer-service oriented and are priced very similarly are Tag-a-long out of Moab and Adventure Bound out of Grand Junction.
Has anyone done trips with either company- can you offer positive or negative experiences??

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'd go with AB. I don't have bad things to say about Tag-a-Long, but I know some of the guides at Adventure Bound and like them and their approach to river trips. They do lots of duckies, which would be perfect for 8th graders - even in May unless it snows or something. Plus Tom (the owner) is a big supporter of access issues and the Utah Guides & Outfitters, and is a strong voice to help protect the canyon country from the coal-shale nut jobs.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Positively Adventure Bound, they started in 1963 running Desolation,Cataract,Westwater,Ladore and Yampa, Canyons. The founders of Adventure Bound were outdoor educators( teachers) and always stressed knowledge of the canyons to their guides so they could pass the knowledge onto the customers. The students will definitely come back with more outdoor knowledge than they left with. Plus the guides are the most handsome and talented ones I know.( at least the ones hired in 1969, don't know about the new ones).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts