Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buzzards,

I am heading to Switzerland for the last two weeks of June and am wondering if anyone knows what kind of whitewater kayaking might be available at that time. Any places to check out or people/guides to contact?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
29 Posts
extremely dependent on where in Switzerland you are -- it's a tiny country but super-mountaineous in parts and therefore hard to cross, except when it's not. A whole lot of Italian, French, German, and Austrian rivers might be in play depending on which side of the Alps you're on, or if you're actually in the flatter parts. Once you're in the Schengen Zone, crossing borders is not that big a deal, just be careful to know how much value in consumer goods, or rather, how little, you're allowed to bring into Switzerland

The 4-paddlers map might be just one place to start to give you an idea of what's out there: Flussführer Flusskarte Paddelregionen Wildwasser - Paddeln, Kanu, Kajak -

·
Registered
426 Posts
I had a memorable grand trip with a bunch of awesome Swiss kayakers from Versam. It blew my mind how well paid & well respected white water professionals are in Switzerland. The owners were Markus & Kazi & all their guides were super fun. Good luck translating their website tho :)
http://www.kanuschule.ch

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts