Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Need some info on SWR courses being offered in Metro area this spring. I would prefer to take it in April (do they even run then?). Has anyone had a good experience with any particular shop or organization. How long did the class run, where, and cost would be great.

Thanks for the help.

Can't wait to get back on the water!!

·
Registered
989 Posts
OH OH..ME TOO ME TOO! Only somewhere on the Ark might work better for me. Anyone got the goods?

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
RMOC taught my class in and around Salida, it was a good course.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Swiftwtaer

Brandon Holmes, owner of River Medic Inc. may be holding a course towards the end of May either in BV or clear creek, I'm not sure, but for the past two years he has done a least one course for rescue 3's Swiftwater Rescue Technician course. shoot him an e-mail at [email protected] and express your interest and hopefully you can get hooked up with a great course.

Pauley

·
Registered
103 Posts
Bill Dvorak usually runs a few courses in the Ark valley and other parts of the state. Good course, very knowlegable instructors,. Cost wise you may find cheaper, but they will teach you what is up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I will be teaching a private ACA River Rescue class in Denver on April 22nd and 23rd. I'll check to see if a few outsiders could join in or if enough people are interested we can put together another class around Easter. I will be back in the Colorado area at the beginning of June teaching all over the state.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I usually do several SWR courses in the spring. Usually down on the South Platte around foxton or waterton. The Boulder Outdoor Center usually has a class there in april as well http://www.boc123.com . If you want to do a private group class I can set it up. I can guarantee a much better price than any shop (usually about $150 per person, unless there is a big group we can go a little cheaper), and I have been teaching the classes for several years. I am a certified ACA swiftwater instructor trainer. I have been whitewater paddling since I was six years old, so I have had plenty of time to practice rescues. You can call me at 303-809-8942 or email me at [email protected]

Nick

·
Registered
274 Posts
The Mountain Shop is getting out of the boating biz.

They are not even going to carry kayaks this year and are selling off both the kayaking school and all of the gear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts