Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at picking one of these up. Anybody have an experience with these? I've heard good things about Sweet Helmets but I want to double-check before I drop 2 bills on one. I'm also thinking about going for a Strutter, but I think the Rocker offers a bit more protection overall. I'm a class III/IV kayaker and also do some rafting, if that helps your suggestion.
Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Rocker is a excellent helmet choice

My experience with the Sweet Rocker is that it was very easy to get an excellent fit, it is very lightweight, and the protection is about as good as it gets. I have taken a few very hard shots with it and barely flet like my bell was rung, whereas in my old helmet I would probably have been seeing stars and had a massive headache if not worse. For example, I took one shot where my head hit the rock first then the back of my shoulder blade impacted the same rock. Rolled up and my head felt fine within a second or two. My shoulder blade, which received the lesser impact, was sore a week later.

Definitely check one out and, if it is a good fit for your head, you won't be going wrong.

BobN

·
Registered
13 Posts

I would try to stay away from the strutter, yes they look cool and yes everyone on the popular rivers is sporting them, but they aren't as durable as you would expect. I've paddled it on most the creeks that i paddle and it shows. The exposed carbon layer is pretty banged up from some not so hard hits. I've got one crack about an inch long all the way through it from a small rock.

The rocker s1 however.. is where its at. I've even dreamed of getting the trooper full face snowboard helmet.

JB

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input fellas. I just picked one up last night, it fits perfect. I've never tried another kayak helmet that fits me that well. There is still one M/L left at the Mountainshop for 25% off, if anybody's interested.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You're right it was the rocker and not the strutter. Tried buying one from that website a while ago and they're don't have any right now. Seems the shipments aren't to the U.S. yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts