Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I tried on a Sweet Full Face at Idaho River Sports in Boise. One thing I was wondering is do they have fit kits because it seemed to lack padding on the inside. I do how ever love the sweet full face, the med/large almost fit (that is all they had.) So I am sure the Large/XLarge will fit. If any one has pics of the inside of the helmets please post. I know that people seem to be extremely satisfied with them it just seems with a lack of padding at the top of the helmet a blow to the head could hurt a lot more.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I agree, the Sweet helmets are way better fitting than many of the alternatives and the only company that makes a quality helmet in a small shell size (yes I know about the small WRSI and the Vixen but I don't like the fit). They are expensive, but my last helmet lasted 10 years...maybe this one will too. The cost over 10 years is pretty trivial. I kinda have a beef with helmet manufacturers because of the "one size" fits no-one options that are around now. When I got my my other helmet years ago, they used to make different shell sizes which was freaking awesome b/c you could get a good fit right out of the box and then tweak it with a little foam. I really don't like the idea of having an ill-fitting helmet that I then attempt to make fit my head by putting in a bunch of foam shims.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, the Sweet helmets are way better fitting than many of the alternatives and the only company that makes a quality helmet in a small shell size (yes I know about the small WRSI and the Vixen but I don't like the fit). They are expensive, but my last helmet lasted 10 years...maybe this one will too. The cost over 10 years is pretty trivial. I kinda have a beef with helmet manufacturers because of the "one size" fits no-one options that are around now. When I got my my other helmet years ago, they used to make different shell sizes which was freaking awesome b/c you could get a good fit right out of the box and then tweak it with a little foam. I really don't like the idea of having an ill-fitting helmet that I then attempt to make fit my head by putting in a bunch of foam shims.
It just seemed that the only thing between the plastic, and your head was a thin piece of foam. I know there is a space between the plastic on inside, and the carbon fiber shell. How does that padding do in cushioning a blow to the head?

·
Registered
216 Posts
So I tried on a Sweet Full Face at Idaho River Sports in Boise. One thing I was wondering is do they have fit kits because it seemed to lack padding on the inside. I do how ever love the sweet full face, the med/large almost fit (that is all they had.) So I am sure the Large/XLarge will fit. If any one has pics of the inside of the helmets please post. I know that people seem to be extremely satisfied with them it just seems with a lack of padding at the top of the helmet a blow to the head could hurt a lot more.
The foam liner that Sweet uses has awesome impact absorption. Unfortunately tested! But yes they do come with a padding kit that has some thin pads to fine tune the fit. I know we've got em at Alpine Quest Sports and we will be having our swap/sale next weekend. Give em a shout 970-926-3867

hope this helps
Ross

·
Registered
126 Posts
The Sweet Full Face is DEFINATELY worth the money. You dont even know you are wearing a helmet at all and the brim padding on the forehead keeps you nice and warm in colder water. The helmet comes with a good amount of peel and stick padding to dial the fit. As soon as i figure out how to post pictures from my phone i will post pictures of mine padded out.
Cheers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts