Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Java it is great, it has been worked many many times and always comes back for more. Only problem is it leaks like a sieve. I have constant swamp ass when I paddle and love to scout because it gives me a good chance to empty my boat.

I am almost positive it isn't from the hole in the nose, that has so many patches and tubes of glue it shouldn't even move. I have tested this and it doesn't seem to take on water.

I think that it is from the cockpit - I have used both a wavesport skirt and the harmony lc1 skirt. Both leak badly when used with the boat, but niether leaks when on my playboat. It seems as though it is coming in right at my hips.

I need to get it fixed I am sick of swamp ass. Has anyone else had this problem with thier java, do I need a smaller skirt or some epoxy on the cockpit rim? Any information as to solving this problem would be graciously accepted and rewarded by good river karma.

Thanks,

Zach.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My Y leaks a little also. If you have any bolts (for seat, pegs etc.) put duct tape over them and see if it stays drier. It worked for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts