Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I think it's time we talked Coors into building a recirculating White Water Park ala Penrith either in Golden or near I-70 at Clear Creek theres some nice gradient and some gravel ponds which could serve to pull off in the dry season. The Creek here below Coors is all but ditchified and almost dead anyway as it is diverted to Stanley lake. The bonus is that when Coors decided to blow a bad batch out, we'd be surfing in beer! The only hangup is that in order for the plan to work we'd all have to register as Republicans for a while and quote the bible alot while we surfed, (and we'd have to drink Coors.) at least until they built the thing. :D

·
Super Moderator
4,033 Posts
Doesn't sound worth it to me...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Right.. cause all boaters must be bleeding heart liberals to qualify?? I don't think so. Could you possibly be more juvenile or narrow minded in your post? Believe it or not, most Democrats and Republicans believe in God and even might go to church once in a while... with the exception of kayakers I guess. And associating the extreme right wing funamentalist Christians with the majority of the Republican party is at best misinformed. Some of us actually support abortion rights, wetland protection, environmental causes, women's rights, the creation of whitewater parks and rights, and yes even go to work at places like Coors everyday to support our families and pay taxes. Get a clue.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Easy there smurfpiper. Your state obviously supports you. Some of us just enjoy grass with our beer and love the devil. I'm with you Andy, although I love the idea of surfing the brew!

·
Registered
460 Posts
listen surfpiper, quit piping off at the keyboard. keeping this lighthearted and fun is what its all about. and by the way, if you actually believed in the things that you say like working hard, abortion rights, the ENVIRONMENT, anybody's rights, supporting your family to the best ability possible, actual religion, or any public projects then you wouldn't be voting republican or democrat. neither of these parties has stood up for any of these policies or morals in many many years. so get off your high horse and remember that a joke is just that a joke. picking the less of two evils should no longer be an excuse. actually put down the ads and tv remote and show up in d.c. in april to protest against the imf which represents noone except profit for those who control it.
maybe a start to this project of beer waves is to get all of the toxins out of that release. coor's ads talk about clean clear crisp water. they must not be filming anywhere near the water coming out of golden.

·
Registered
460 Posts
and by the way, the coors family are known supporters of the republican party and well as bible thumpers with agendas (think converting people).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Coors family is on their own. And thanks, I do what I say, regardless of political parties. Keep it light.. yourself included.

·
Registered
389 Posts
If the beer we are surfing on is rejected by Coors, it must be even worse than the stuff they sell.

Since it's against my religion, politics, or whatever to drink something as bad as Coors, being immersed in stuff worse than that would be really, really sacrilegious.

·
DP/ Cinematographer
221 Posts
Unfortunately they (Coors) have been apprached in the past about sponsoring kayak events and the park and didn't seem too keen on the idea. Steve although the religous right-wing comment might have been a rip it is exactly correct. Anybody who knows the Coors family will agree. (who really cares though). They feel as though they give enough back to the community as it is, andI think the kayak park just hasn't struck the right cord in order to make them want to run out and donate to it. This is not a quote just a paraphrase from a conversation with a "Coors " aphilliate.
I'll surf frickin Busweiser if they wanna kick in!!

Peace and hoppy waves.

-BA

·
Registered
46 Posts
personally, i didn't know about the Coors family being so religious right.. therefore i stand corrected on that issue. and i agree with cstork.. if i'm going to spend half my time upside down in beer it should be something tasty say.. blue moon or fat tire, even better Makers Mark. happy boating to all!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Book Suggestion:

Citizen Coors by Dan Baum. It'll dispet some myths about the Coor's family as well support what you thought you already knew. Including the fact they were (not sure if these labels still apply to the new generation) extremely conservative, founding the premier right wing think tank in the country, the Heritage Foundation. Should be required reading for anyone in Colorado as, like it or not, they had a profound impact on this State's and indeed the nation's history (Reagan probably would have never been President without the Coors family).

·
Registered
25 Posts
if i'm going to spend half my time upside down in beer it should be something tasty say.. blue moon or fat tire, even better Makers Mark. happy boating to all!![/quote]

Blue Moon is made by Coors.
The Makers I could live with...

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Coors kids I went to school with were not thumping bibles. They were normal kids who drank and partied just like the rest of us.

·
Registered
399 Posts
By looking at all the post I must be in the minority but I love Coors beer. The Colorado Koolaid is my choice any day of the week. I think an afternoon boating at the park and tour of the brewery sounds like a great way to spend the day.

·
Registered
75 Posts
love it Kozmo! Just nutty enough to be a great marketing idea for Coors. Hell...if they can support that retarded "Twins" campaign, why not this?

of course, the thing that would sink the idea is liability-as soon as one kayaker washed up on the side of the tank after not making his roll...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Those new Coors commercials, including the twins, are pretty stupid. They are one of the few commercials that actually bother me. The advertisers have a weird view of beer drinkers.

It strange that such an uprightous, bible thumping family would have the roudiest commercials that seem to encourage very crude and inane behaviour.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts