Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am super excited to pack my van full of boats and head way south next spring. I am planning on surfing the western coast of Mexico. If you are reading this and have made a similar journey I would love to pick your brain. I am also wanting to purchase a Murky Waters or similar fiberglass surf boat for this trip. I have never sat in one or tried this, unfortunately I am 6'2", 185lbs, 35" inseam, and size 13 feet. Please help me figure out which of these boats is right for me. Thanks. -Ben

·
Registered
71 Posts
Try the Valley Kayaks Rush Plus or in plastic it is called the Storm. Sick boat for the surf. Also PS composites makes a bunch of longer options.

Nick

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
boat

Jax in Fort Collins had a Riot Boogie. Not sure why, but they had one sitting outside. You could pick it up cheap and not stress about traveling through Mexico with an expensive glassboat.

Or, checkout Dick Weld kayaks. They are sik.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Mainland Mex

Ben,
stop by and we'll talk. I spent some time surfing southern mainland mex (salina cruz & puerto escondido area) over the last few years.
-Sean

·
Registered
71 Posts
I actually have a dick wold Stellar boat I am trying to sell for $800 if you are interested. But I live in Washington now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts