Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have not sent a letter to the city of Glenwood Springs supporting their work to build a whitewater park above the confluence please do so. Whether or not you see a park as a great this may help secure flows in the Glenwood Canyon in the future.

Here is the article in support

·
Vendor
124 Posts
This is important peeps and the deadline is rapidly approaching for comments - Nov. 21! This Friday! This RICD (recreational in-channel diversion water right) could potentially secure water in the Colorado River and stop future draws diverting water across the divide. Front Range entities are questioning whether paddlers even use the Colorado River in Glenwood Canyon after Labor Day, but I know we do. People paddle these stretches year round and we need to let the City of Glenwood Springs know that we do! Depending on where these diversions were to occur, late season flows on Gore and Pumphouse could also be effected. We need to make it known that the Colorado River through Glenwood Canyon is one of the only, and definitely one of the best, places to paddle in September.

Please take two minutes to write a letter to Jeff Heckel, City Manager of Glenwood Springs, and let the city know that you have paddled Glenwood Canyon in September, and will continue to do so in the future.

Your letter will help AW and the City of Glenwood prove that paddlers from around the State enjoy late summer flows from Shoshone to Two Rivers Park, and prevent the Front Range from taking away an entire month of our paddling season!

Please consider including in your letter the following points, specific to September use on the Colorado River:

- How often do you paddle Glenwood Canyon in September?
- Why do you choose the Colorado River in Glenwood Springs, rather than a different destination in September?
- How many people do you paddle with?
- Do you see other paddlers enjoying September flows too?
- Do you plan to paddle the river in the future? Will you continue to paddle in September?

Please email or send letters by Nov. 21st to Jeff at

City of Glenwood Springs
Attn: Jeff Hecksel, City Manager
101 West 8th Street
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
970-384-6401
[email protected]

·
Super Moderator
3,901 Posts
Got my letter out in the mail today. thanks Peter B and Evan for posting this!

·
Super Moderator
3,901 Posts
Just got mine submitted. I love getting on the river as much as possible in Glenwood Canyon after the summer tourist season ends.
It's also nice with the access to back a trailer down after Labor Day when they pull the pole out of the boatramp at Grizzley.

·
Registered
312 Posts
my gf and I sent ours in last weekend ( via email, I hope hat is sufficient, we never received replys. ) . I had 30 days at least on the river after Labor day this year!!! Thank you very much for helping us maintain these flows. please keep us posted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts