Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else annoyed by how slow the buzz is lately? I know it isn't me and it is quite aggravating, I don't know but whatever machines connect.socialknowledge.net points at needs to speed it up.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Anyone else annoyed by how slow the buzz is lately? I know it isn't me and it is quite aggravating, I don't know but whatever machines connect.socialknowledge.net points at needs to speed it up.
extremely and painfully slow for me over the last week or so. so much so that i don't come here nearly as often as i used to. seems to be just since the site was reconfigured, but really more so in the last week or 10 days. hope it gets fixed soon.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I restarted some services (MySQL and Web Server) and it should be faster now. If it is still slow, please post here so I can look at things in more detail.

·
Registered
200 Posts
i've not noticed that it is any slower, and it doesn't seem any faster now than last week. i am using a mac with osx, and surfing with safari.

·
Registered
202 Posts
It seems to me that the Buzz is back to being super slow. My connection is good and everything is loading quickly, just not the Buzz. It did seem it got faster when the services were restarted.

And what's up with the image verification on a simple search? I know it takes all of 3 seconds to complete, but just to do a forum search? By doing a search you're not giving away personal info or anything important, it's just a search. Is there really a need for image verification?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Buzz is now again slow, yesterday (Tue.) is was faster but today it is slow again, over course it has to come all the way to Texas for me to get it so that maybe why.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I just restarted the services again. Please send me an email to [email protected] if it slows down again. Usually I can monitor things and restart as needed but I am on vacation and don´t have my laptop with me. So an email is the fastest way to get my attention. Thanks for helping me monitor this.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Have you tried using Firefox or Opera?
why would i want to use something else? seems i am the only person on this thread who isn't having problems. mtnbuzz is my home page, so i would notice it being slow because it comes up every time i start surfing.

what advantages do firefox or opera have anyway? is there some good reason to switch?

·
Registered
451 Posts
why would i want to use something else? seems i am the only person on this thread who isn't having problems. mtnbuzz is my home page, so i would notice it being slow because it comes up every time i start surfing.

what advantages do firefox or opera have anyway? is there some good reason to switch?
I miss read your post :confused:. I read "struggling" instead of "surfing". Firefox and Opera are loaded with features like tabbed browsing, widgets, mouse gestures and so on. But if your happy with Safari then stick with it. Firefox and Opera are free and easy to install if you ever decide to test drive.

·
Lurker
10 Posts
I've used Opera for over 6 years.......I always tell people use Opera for 30 days.... You'll either hate it or never go back to anything else.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
It's been working great for me.

D

·
Registered
223 Posts
The top loads quickly, but the rest of the page is 15 sec or so behind. I know its not me bc other sites load right away. Just throwing it out there incase it can be fixed.

Jace

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Hmmm...not sure about that as I am not currently having any problems. A couple weeks ago it was really bad, though. You did mention that you sometimes check the Buzz 3-4 times a day. This could be your problem. I believe there is a feature (required by the FDA as a result of the addictiveness) that causes the site to go slower and slower and crap out more and more frequently for those who check the Buzz with unhealthy regularity. Might want to check with gh about this one. :D

COUNT

P.S. Did you leave a clear drybag and towel in my car on Sunday?

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Slow for me yesterday, to the point of not being usable. Wolked ok later in the eve and seems ok now. not great but acceptable. Is it just loading too much junk?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts