Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I like to SUP. I mostly look to do unsupported, multi-day trips on flat water, flat water rivers and no more than Class III if rapids.

I paddled the entire Allegheny River in June 2013 (320 miles) HERE and I paddled the entire Kentucky River starting at the beginning of the North Fork this past July (419 miles) HERE. I've done a few more long distance, multi-day paddles not as long. I'm planning on doing the Shenandoah River summer 2022 and maybe another short one. I'd like to do the San Juan. I have lots of trips mapped and planned out already. One of my goals is to do the entire Missouri River to the Gulf of Mexico and the Milk River up in Montana.

Looking to connect with other people and anyone who enjoys unsupported multi-day trips & that are interested in joining. Thanks! Alex

Water Water resources Boat Vehicle Watercraft

·
Registered
16 Posts
That is super cool. I wouldn't have thought one could pack for that long of a trip on a SUP. If you're ever up in Oregon, we like to do self-support IK trips. There are some good ones (John Day, Grande Ronde, Umpqua) that don't exceed class 2/3.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is super cool. I wouldn't have thought one could pack for that long of a trip on a SUP. If you're ever up in Oregon, we like to do self-support IK trips. There are some good ones (John Day, Grande Ronde, Umpqua) that don't exceed class 2/3.
You can definitely pack the board but it's a lot of weight, haha. Thanks for that info! 100% if I ever decide to do anything in Oregon, I'll give you shout.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow- it looks like you've had some Big Adventures. You are probably aware of this journey down the Missouri. Other Buzzards may not be. Good luck in your future trips.

I'd definitely aware of it. I remember when Scott did it in 2013. That was pretty incredible and he built his board! That was around the time I started getting into it. I remember a couple years before that David Cornwaithe did the Mississippi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts