Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured werner would still have the handy dandy paddle length helper page and would now have a SUP section but no go. Whats the recommendation of paddle length. I am 5' 11".

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seeing a recommendation of 8" plus your height. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spoke to soon, werner still has the fit page.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Do you intend to do flat water or rivers more? What kind of board do you have and how thick is it? Paddle length is like shoe size, totally different for everyone and for different typs of Stand Up. Depending on where you are standing on a board (height off of water) can change what you need for a paddle length. 6" iSUP has a high deck compared to a recessed deck of some hard/plastic boards which can be a few inches in change. If you do not want to buy multiple paddles go adjustable but they will be heavier.

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
I went with the Carve 3 piece breakdown, it has held up well for me in whitewater, I like the fact that it is easy to pack and load and the grip piece has multiple length adjustments. I find I like it longer on lakes and flat water than whitewater.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice everyone.

Werner, I will call you Tuesday, thanks.

Steam, I was thinking when I bought a board it would be a 4" inflatable but thats still undecided.

Logan, I was looking at the Carve 3 piece so thanks for the review.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts