Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled this SunRunner out of my dads garage a few weeks ago to take this classic back on the water! Holds Air for days. The floor has seen way better days. I have spent a few hours looking at MB posts about raft restorations and repairs, but still had some questions moving forward. I am not sure the best way to repair the fabric showing through the Hypalon where the floor meets the tubes, System 6 coat it or use Hypalon fabric strip and glue the seam. there are also a bunch of small holes on the floor from my dad and his buddies loading gear directly on the floor back in the 80's! over all The tubes look to be in great condition

I tried to show the worst part of the floor The top of the raft looks overall pretty good and has been garage kept its entire life!

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
HAVnt seen one of those in a few few. If I’m not mistaken wasn’t sun runner the original hyside? Could swear that’s what they started out as. Sweet old boat.

·
Sponsoring Vendors
1,574 Posts
From the pics, the tubes do look to be in pretty pristine shape. There are a few ways to deal with it.

You could patch all the holes and patch over the exposed scrim spots with hypalon. Straight forward enough.

An upgrade would be to patch all the holes, redo any loose patches, patches that look like they may come loose or that have square edges and then system 6 the bottom.

Another upgrade would be to find the right drop stitch floor for a dinghy that fits and attach it saturn/NRS outlaw style to the floor, punch some bailing holes and turn it into a SB.

·
Super Moderator
4,324 Posts
...wasn’t sun runner the original hyside? Could swear that’s what they started out as. Sweet old boat.
Yes, the Sunrunner was the predecessor to the Hyside. Great boats - I had lots of fun in one learning how to raft (and how not to).

-AH

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sun runner IS the original hyside. Dick started sunrunner but there was also a sailboat company called sunrunner and they sent him a cease and desist on the name. He changed the name to hyside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts