Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are forming a kayak club at Summit High School in Summit County Colorado and are looking for any kayak gear donations. For some of these students it will be the only way they get to be introduced to the thrill we all experience on the river. Help us share our world with the next generation. We are excited to be able to provide them with pool sessions this winter and their first river trip this spring! Hopefully we will instill a lifetime long passion for the outdoors in a few of them!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I received your reply and sent you my address where to pick-up the boat. I do boat repairs and many boats I receive I purchase - repair and donate to groups such as yourself that will allow youth to experience something they may not otherwise ever be able to experience. I probably donated 15 to 20 boats in the last year.

·
Renaissance *******
1,395 Posts
Are you a teacher or a student? Either way, good on you.
Ask around for loaners too. I expect there are some Summit County boaters that dont have the means to donate but would be happy to loan.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'd be happy to donate a Bliss-Stick Blitz Special if you pick it up in Snowmass.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have always been curious about doing this at my kids school but thought it daunting to go through the school system. How is insurance handled? Who are the instructors, paid or volunteer? What other hurdles were there?
Thanks and good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have always been curious about doing this at my kids school but thought it daunting to go through the school system. How is insurance handled? Who are the instructors, paid or volunteer? What other hurdles were there?
Thanks and good luck
Pool session instructors are volunteer as well as the life guards. However we have to go through a guiding service for the river trip for insurance purposes.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a newish Prijon Wizard for you kids. It is a good beginner/intermediate boat. I just prefer a hard chine. PM for a boat handover.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.