Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A group of us will be floating pumphouse to state bridge in a few weeks and would love to camp somewhere we can hike, or at least stop to hike along the way. Are there any nice hikes in that stretch that someone can recommend???

Thanks!
Rebecca

·
Registered
130 Posts
Have never hiked along pumphouse, but the radium hot springs is a good stop off. Right on the river and you can pull the raft right up to it.

·
Boy Howdy!
1,064 Posts
put your boat in at ramp 3 go take the gore canyon hike to the left of the put in, let me know where your gonna leave your beer so I can keep it safe....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info...I'll leave you some whiskey too if you have any info about hikes further down river :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Not much hiking to be had on the river itself other than wondering around in the woods. By car you can take the Blacktail road out of Radium. Just over the tracks it heads back east out of Radium and becomes a Jeep trail that ends up at HWY 134 to the north. Just out of Radium maybe 2 miles or so up the road on the left you will find a trailhead. Can't remember the name. Great little morning or evening hike. I've seen elk, bear and even a mountain lion on that hike.

·
Boy Howdy!
1,064 Posts
or you could camp at cottonwood and slightly below and hike to the hot springs, another short hike is on river right just above rancho over the rr tracks to the dinosaur tracks real short but really cool

1 - 6 of 6 Posts