Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going paddling this weekend, and would love to go somewhere where the H2o is still flowing at a fun level...I've done the Pumphouse to State Bridge in Kremmling before...Looking for something that can be more challenging...

Is Shoshone still flowing high?...If so, where is a good spot to put in at...Any info would be greatly appreciated...Thanks...Mongo

·
Registered
16 Posts
this weekend

pumphouse to state bridge - so, Class III? Why don't you consider putting in on the South Platte at Deckers and running that all the way down through Waterton Canyon.

Shoshone flows are visible by clicking on "flows" and looking at the Colorado Drainage. It's fun but quite a drive. Of course, with Waterton, there's the walk. I'd rather walk out Waterton than drive to Shoshone...

Will probably have a group going to the South Platte on Saturday to do the Deckers run with some newbies, then finish off with Waterton for fun.

Lots of people still going down to the Ark, ya know. Brown's.

·
Registered
81 Posts
ok what kind of boater are you the pump house run is a II+ run, if your new, then shoshone will be alot more fast paced for you then the slow water of the pumphouse to state bridge run. If your good then you can paddle gore, bailey both are really fun runs. water is limited this time of year.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Note the pumphouse run is class III at 3500 - 4000 cfs... it's running 900ish right now so your floating around those big rocks instead of over them. Thats a float trip.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I was thinking about Lower Blue somewhere between Friday and Sunday, preferably one of those two days. Lower Blue is relatively short, but we could run it twice. I would say it's a 1/2 step up from pumphouse...more continuous action.

Let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts