Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some help in suggested campsites on Section B and C of the Green. I have 3 families, looking to do a 3 day, 2 night float. Plan is to launch A, camp night 1 on B section and camp night 2 on C section. For online reservations, Bootleg, Cats Paw and Trails End are open. No defined campsites on C. We are launching July 3rd, so worried about not getting a spot, unless I reserve. Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
92 Posts
All of those are smallish for 3 families but I would go with Cats Paw or Boot Leg, not Trails End... Some of the others that are not reserveable are bigger, but you can make one of those two work.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. For the non-online sites, which one's are good one's? Also, what do u think in terms of risk of getting a site at that them?

Sent from my iPad using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
109 Posts
Take one of the 3 Campsites closest to Little Hole that can be booked online on the B stretch and milk the B Stretch.
Far better fly fishing on B than either A or C.
A stretch has too many float fisherman & rafting trips with swimmers and squirt guns in July/August.
C stretch has the unfishable Swallow Canyon.

Oh wait, if you are rafting, swimming, and squirt gunning, it doesn't matter.
Camp anywhere, take your time, its only 30 miles from Flaming Gorge to Colorado.

The website says how many campers fit at each site.
At the end of the B, Taylor Flat Bridge has a pay campsite for the second night that always has room. If not, its mostly BLM land in C.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Several of them. Jackson Creek is probably the biggest. Both the Red creek are also big. But, I think that on July 3rd you are risking things being full and I would take a reservation. Cats Paw and Bootleg will work and they are nearer to the top of the B, per the suggestion of ColoradoJudd...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts