Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if I could get some suggestions on a kayak. I want to use it primarily on the Fox river in calm areas and travel into the marsh areas to do some photography. I am fairly petite, so heaviness is an issue. I would like some room to move around and carry some equipment with me. Obviously, I don't want to use the kayak for its normal use of rolling and tricks. The more stable the better. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Go to wildernesssystems.com check out what they have, Sounds like your looking for a Recreational style of kayak the Pungo's will do what your ashing for unless you have to dodge to many rocks!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
OldTown Rush (is it the Otter theses days?)or Perception Prodigy 10 would be my suggestions from my personal experience.
Both are very stable, both have large cockpits. The Rush is a bit more comfortable and is shorter\maneuverable also it is lighter than the Perception.

It would be worthwhile to look at an inflatable kayak, super light and easy to transport, though I've never used one my self.

·
Registered
173 Posts
An inflatable would be a good idea. it would not be as fast on the water but it would be stable for sure. and you could roll it up and put it in your car easily.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts