Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a bit of searching, so forgive me if there's a good thread on this that I missed.

This is my first summer with my own two Tomcat Tributary Tandem inflatable kayaks. I did find a thread earlier about carts to use, and tried to give it a bump, but didn't see much play.

Am also wondering if anyone uses bags to store/travel/storage their IKs in? I saw that Aire has this one and NRS has this one.

For now, I've been wrapping a long cam strap around the duckie twice and using that as "handles" to cart it towards the water. Certainly seems like a backpack setup of some sort would be nice. And the cart would be nice if I was to just play at, say, the Union chutes or something, especially if one folded up decently in the ducky.

[I'm using every spelling variation I can think of to "call" my boat right now, so that this comes up in search threads for others. I don't think duckies necessarily need their own forum, it's just hard to do a search!]

Thoughts on bags or carts?

·
Registered
44 Posts
A friend sewed a large bag for mine, as the foam floor pieces were always in danger of blowing out of the back of the truck. Keeps the ducky and pfd from blowing out too, very handy.

·
Paddling in to the Future
574 Posts
Personally I use large mesh laundry bags that I got from the hospital for my IK's.

I clean and dry my IK's after each use, then roll them up and stuff them in the mesh bag. then on a shelf in the garage they go. for packing them I rig straps up like a yukon pack. then on my back they go to the putin. straps can be used for other purposes or stuffed in a sack in the ducky.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts