Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Join Rocky Mountain Adventures: Colorado Whitewater Rafting Kayaking Fly Fishing and First Ascent expedition kayaker Ben Stookesberry at New Belgium Brewing in Ft. Collins, CO on Wednesday June 13 for his presentation of photos and film of a year of first descents from California, Brazil, and Africa. Special guest and Boulder local Forrest Noble will join Ben to present photos from their recent ground breaking descent of the Marble Fork of the Kaweah river in Sequoia national park where the pair used big wall climbing technique to descend one of the most daunting stretches of river ever attempted by kayak. This year will marks a decade of sold out presentations by Ben with Rocky Mountain Adventures and New Belgium Brewery so reserve your ticket early. Admission includes a happy hour beer sampling prior to the show. See you there.

Ben Stookesberry's Photos | Facebook

·
Registered
966 Posts
I found a little more info on this...

Hosted by RMA but held at the NB brewing co.

Tix: $12, includes a few beers before the movie starts

Doors open: 6:30

Movie starts: ~7:45

That was the info given to me by RMA. You can call them and reserve a tix over the phone. There are still seats available.

Sounds awesome, hope I can make it!!

·
God Amongst Men
1,993 Posts
To hear about the descent of the Marble Fork is intense......That is one of the most stout sections of river I have ever seen with my eyes.

If you haven't already, do yourself a favor and check out Darin McQuoids write up of their descent of the lower half, which also has pics of the section they just ran.

Darin McQuoid Photography

·
Registered
36 Posts
thanks for posting Dave here is the FB post from Ben

Join Rocky Mountain Adventures: Colorado Whitewater Rafting Kayaking Fly Fishing and First Ascent expedition kayaker Ben Stookesberry at New Belgium Brewing in Ft. Collins, CO on Wednesday June 13 for his presentation of photos and film of a year of first descents from California, Brazil, and Africa. Special guest and Boulder local Forrest Noble will join Ben to present photos from their recent ground braking descent of the Marble Fork of the Kaweah. Happy hour starts at 630pm and show starts at 745pm. Contact shoprma.com to reserve tickets. Admission includes New Belgium's finest prior to the show.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts