Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a long shot, but just in case the tweekers who stole my aluminum snout rig frame this week try and sell to a rafter, please drop me a line. Stolen from outside of a friend's warehouse property in Garden City outside of Boise. About 15' long, 2" tubing with 3/8" sheeting above tubes and on floor. Semi and quarter circle cutouts in sheeting for tie-downs.

I've contacted Pacific Recycling. Thanks for your help,

Andy
208-four eight four- 6 eight one 2

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,904 Posts
I saw your post on Idahowhitewater. Damn that sucks.

Is Pacific the only one up there that does that?

There is one in Twin too, don't know if they share info.

Good luck and hope it finds it's way home to you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Andrew- Sorry to read this. A quick search: Boise Metal Recycling in Boise, ID | DexKnows.com

shows that you have many places in Boise that recycle. Something else to keep in mind is that you may be dealing with a large scale crook that will chop your frame into 6" pieces and throw it in a large bin for bulk scraping, so don't hesitate to call the yards that only accept larger tonnage amounts or require accounts.

I scrap off my job sites all the time, and it's an interesting trip for people watching when getting to the recyclers to say the least.

...another idea would be to see if any others tennants in that area have cctv, that may have video of a truck driving by with it on. That would at least help you narrow down some possibilities of who. If you did get a picture, show it around to the recyclers as the guys scraping, will be back sooner than later.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, all good ideas and all in motion. Unfortunately no neighbors with video rolling. Pictures have been distributed to most of the recycle places in the area, police and insurance company notified.

It will be easy to identify on the water - if it is sitting on anything smaller than 36" diameter, 22' long tubes it will likely look very odd. However, I think the chances of it ending up anywhere close to the boating community are about zero.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts