Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dark Green Aire Super Puma 2 (sr # 200601770) with fishing frame, swivel seats, oars, pump, nets and other equipment. It was stolen from our driveway in West Vail, Colorado on Friday August 7, 2015 @ 3 a.m. pulled on a 1978 black DIL, Utility trailer with CO license plate 105DAZ.
Thank you for keeping an eye out for our raft, any info will be appreciated!

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Bummer. That's the second stolen raft & trailer posted on The Buzz this season. One here in Sandy Utah and now in Vail. Both were taken from driveways in the middle of the night. Scary. I have been lax about keeping my hitch lock on my trailer, but no more. It's on now for sure.

Reactions: villagelightsmith

·
Paddling in to the Future
574 Posts
Bummer. That's the second stolen raft & trailer posted on The Buzz this season. One here in Sandy Utah and now in Vail. Both were taken from driveways in the middle of the night. Scary. I have been lax about keeping my hitch lock on my trailer, but no more. It's on now for sure.
yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I park my trailer in my back yard behind a locked gate. (I'm thinking it would be wise to lock the trailer too now with this kind of crap going on)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Not blaming the op, but I leave nothing out I can't afford to replace. Lost track of how many times I have broke down all my gear in my driveway at 2am. Fyi a hitch lock isn't much of a defense for thieves when you have a trailer with little tongue weight. Better then nothing though. I'd rather spend the extra 30 mins rolling my raft then worrying if it will be there in the a.m. Will keep a lookout, but a green puma is the most common boat on the water. Good luck my friend.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I will keep an eye out in the roaring fork valley. You should email this to all the regional fly shops. With all the guides they have on the water this time of year, someone might see it. Get in touch with the shuttle services too, they're at every launch and takeout all the time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That one has been CL for a while and i doubt the trailer is a 78'. But' Good eye! been thinking about asking how much they want w/o the trailer. I could get in touch and see if they would send me a pic of the serial #.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts