Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Red Aire Super Duper Puma with fishing frame on a trailer stolen from my home in Sandy, Utah. Went missing the morning of November 8th 2022. Any info would be super duper appreciated. Thanks

Water Boat Cloud Plant Watercraft
Tire Wheel Vehicle Boat Tree
Water Boat Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Watercraft Sky

·
Registered
191 Posts
Every time one of these come up. Did you write your name address etc on the boat. It’s required in Colorado but probably just a pretty good idea. At least someone might know how to contact you if they got suspicious.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Really? I’ve not heard this before but just bought firs raft this summer.
Any canoe,kayak,sailboard or non motorized raft which is not required to be registered must be marked with the owners name and current address in a legible, clearly visible and durable fashion.
CRS-33-13-1031 (5)
I just looked it up to be sure. It’s probably a good idea just in case you need to leave it parked in the Room of Doom for a few days.
Or as seems to happen more frequently, some scumbag steals it.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Thanks for writing this! I didn't know Colorado requires name and info to be on the boat.
The reasoning is for safety purposes in case they were ever to find the boat and not you they could call you quickly to rule out that you were safe. Conversely if you are ever to lose the boat contacting authorities and letting them know is a good idea so they are not chasing an empty boat for nothing and potentially jeopardizing the safety of rescue personnel.

·
Registered
47 Posts
What kind of steps had you taken to secure the trailer? Not asking to be an asshole, but because I store my boat on its trailer and I’m interested in lessons learned. Meanwhile I’ll keep my eyes out for this setup and I’m sorry to hear about this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts