Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new drysuit. Does anyone know about the new Stohlquist breathable suits? I'd like a user review. Is the new material as good as Gore-tex? Thanks in advance for your input.

T.P.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The material is BETTER than Gore-Tex. Seriously...get one if you can.
If you haven't already...GET ONE!!
Stay Wet,
Boyd 8)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do not know anything about the new material; however, I've owned 2 Stolquist drysuits. They have been JUNK! The first one had been used probably 2 times and then the zipper blew out while paddling the Alsek River in Alaska. This was potentially a dangerous scenerio as the water was 38 degrees and there was no way to not wear the suit. I was worried about a swim and the suit filling up and pulling me down. Stolquist told me that they would replace the zipper for a stout fee, or sell me another at a discount price. I opted for the new suit. I had never worn it till this summer paddling the Firth in the northern Yukon and the stitching on the velcro on the sleeve was unraveling the first day I used it. I got by with a safety pin. Meanwhile everyone else has been using Kokatat with many years of no problems. My next suit will be a Kokatat. MF.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Cant really comment on new vs old but i have the older goretex one and have paddled it for 3 seasons and love it. Not a single problem with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts