Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to buy a new PFD and I'm going through the mental exercise. I saw that Stohlquist makes an accessory called the add a buoy which essentially is a inflatable bladder you place in your front pocket of your PFD and gives you an additional 5# of flotation. Has anyone ever used one of these in big water? How does it compare to a High float PFD?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would say buy it. I was with Jim for a G. Canyon trip last month. The pfd is equally as good as anything on the market- then if your worried about an ugly swim or the consequences of a swim you can inflate.

Jim say this allows almost the same buoyancy as those type 5 minsters for commercials - with way less size.

·
Registered
806 Posts
The rescue PDF is the most comfortable one I've worn since my lost but not forgotten Lotus Lola. I have the inflatable thing to put in the pocket but haven't used it.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I have one and like it.

I think one of its principle benefits for me most times is psychological. Having a routine at the top of a big rapid is key for me. Tightening straps and then topping off the inflatable bladder helps me cut the edge a bit.

Phillip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts