Mountain Buzz banner

Stikine Info

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  JCKeck1 
#1 ·
Over the years I saved all of my sons emails and info from all over the world - thinking that one day he would like to share them with his children. After he died I put everything in a box and occasionally go through it when I need to feel his presence (actually it’s just a good old a “pity party.”). The other day I was going through the box and again read a write up on the Stikine in British Columbia (Damon was fortunate to run it twice with Conrad Fourney). I’m not sure who actually did the write up (possibly Conrad), but it’s very interesting and goes into the history and the original first descents. Rather than just having it sitting in the “box” I thought I should share this with the kayaking community that Damon was such a part of. So - I made a PDF of the two write ups. If anyone is interested in this - please send me your email and I will make the effort to get you a copy,

pops Miller (Damon and Derek’s Dad

#2 ·
Hello Pops -

If you'd like to upload the PDFs directly onto the site via a post, reply and then scroll down to the bottom, below the text box in 'additional options'. Find "Manage attachments" and upload from there- the max is about a 10mb PDF. That way anyone can download it as long this site is up and running.

Thank you for sharing; your son was a truly unique soul that made a tremendous impact on the sport and, I am sure, beyond. Take care....

#5 ·
Not a Kayaker (more of a pontooner/catarafter) but I found these letters very interesting being from BC myself and as someone who is fascinated with the Stikine (but I will never run it, but find the area up there very beautiful) and it's history! Thank you for sharing them - I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.