Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Aucaviedes
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow boaters.
Anyone in Steamboat Springs area who might want to do some short lunch of after work runs down the yampa through town or other near here.
I am a beginner boater who needs all the mentorship and some tips. My schedule is pretty flexible.
Let me know
720 313 zero one one six
Geo

·
Registered
966 Posts
I know a shit ton of front rangers that are coming up (obviously driving in the left lane on 70 at low speeds) soon. I haven't done much boating in steamboat, but there is a chance i'll be up this weekend. I don't know the ropes up there other then there's play park (right?). I would be psyched to ride steamboat one day and boat the next (or the same day). SO, if you're planning on boating this weekend post back.

Another option for you is to get some other boaters to go to the Colorado/Pumphouse run. It's mellow and pretty and a couple of rapids that couple help refine some skills you want to work on.

Post back and let me know what the town run/play park features look, as in, are you and others getting in there and able to spin, roll without hitting your head, cartwheel, etc... Thanks a bunch. good luck in your season! Such a great way to spend time, no joke.

·
Aucaviedes
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response. I will be hitting pumphouse this weeekend as a matter of fact. I will be bringing my raft this time though. I really like that area to practice my kayaking skills.
I should be back sunday afternoon if you are around.
Cheers
G-

·
Registered
294 Posts
Meet at the Library

There are lots of us that will start paddling more now that the ski season is about over and the water levels are rising. I usually meet at the library and see if anyone wants to do a town run. I usually like to put in at Fetcher to get a little bit of a workout. Feel free to call me for more info.

Matt Helm
(970)8four6-7nine55

1 - 5 of 5 Posts