Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm headed out to Steamboat Springs to ski with the family in late March and was wondering if there may be some rivers (Cl 4-5) running around this time. In New England many of the good rivers may still be frozen...is it the same out there? Is there somewhere near by I can rent a boat (I'd rather not deal with the airlines)? People to boat with?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.:cool:
Nate

·
Registered
463 Posts
not bloodly likely but sometimes cross mtn is flowing at a low flow and is free of ice bridges around then. march is much better for skiing than boating.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
local paddling shops/places to find a boat?

Are there any local shops or places to find a boat if the weather is nice? I saw pics of a nice playspot in downtown, any more info on that? Any other help would be greatly appreciated and reciprocated if your ever headed to boston area.

·
Registered
421 Posts
The holes will most likely be pitiful in March. Of course, if it gets warm while you are here, and the level rises to 300 plus, it could be worthwhile.

I bet Cross will be going, 1.5 hours west.

Call Pete at Backdoor Sports for a boat (Jackson).

·
Registered
86 Posts
Backdoor Sports

Pete at Backdoor Sports can hook you up with boat and gear. Don't worry about what that guy said in the post above about the skiing being better in March than the boating on the Yampa. Historical flows average 700 CFS + in March in Cross Mountain and sometimes it is double that. Plus not many people are there.

Backdoor Sports, Backdoor Sports

Cross Mountain Flow data, USGS Surface Water data for Colorado: USGS Surface-Water Monthly Statistics

Have fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts