Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

· My name isn't Will
721 Posts
Yep. I just got that. Makes me a little peeved. Whatever. Already got some of the applications in, but they didn't even bother to think about that. Well, good luck everyone. I'd rather see river people get the permits that random people who think it's a good idea to get a permit and have no clue. Money grab.

The picture on the e-mail that's not on this post is a bunch of commercial customers on a commercial trip in a paddle raft with no gear smiling and getting splashed. Just like the Selway. It's as bad as that picture at the top of Mt. Buzz pages that Andy H. was trying to get changed a year or so ago....

Water Watercraft Nature Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Helmet

· My name isn't Will
721 Posts
Rogue numbers seem way too high, extra zero in 9100?
Nope. That's correct. There's 153 days in the lottery control season. There's 60 non-commercial permits per day. That adds up to 9160 user days if my bad math is close to correct.

· Registered
945 Posts
Nope. That's correct. There's 153 days in the lottery control season. There's 60 non-commercial permits per day. That adds up to 9160 user days if my bad math is close to correct.
Permits on the Rogue are counted much differently than other rivers. Like Mr. Amette said, there are 60 non-commercial user days allocated each day. Yes there could be 60 launch permits on one day if 60 people got a permit and went on one person trips. In reality, folks go in groups and about 10-15 groups launch per day, depending on the size of the groups.

· Registered
1,227 Posts
The picture on the e-mail that's not on this post is a bunch of commercial customers on a commercial trip in a paddle raft with no gear smiling and getting splashed. Just like the Selway. It's as bad as that picture at the top of Mt. Buzz pages that Andy H. was trying to get changed a year or so ago....

View attachment 84430
That’s the only photo they had that was “diverse” enough to put on a government website.

I had no idea the numbers were that bad. I might win the actual lottery before that one.
💩

· Registered
836 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the probability of drawing a permit are even worse than at first glance. First your name needs to be drawn and THEN there needs to be a permit remaining on one of the four dates you chose. If not, you're out of luck. Apply for any of the highest demand dates and the chance of there being 1 of the 3 or 4 permits still available? Rounded to a whole number expressed as a percentage = 0% chance or thereabouts. 27 years of applying for the Main and I've drawn exactly 1x.......

Rec.gov sending out the fancy don't forget to apply brochure email - why not, every application = positive cash flow....

1 - 20 of 67 Posts