Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to pull the raft out for an overnighter float flyfishing trip this Sat from state to catamount if anyone needs a shuttle doing the same trip.I got my buddy meeting me up there so the plan is to be at state bridge by 10am.

Looking to camp about 7 miles down and wondering what the good camping spots are as I've only run the upper C down to rancho a few times. Anyone fly fish this stretch recently? I'm hearing good streamer action and could use break from nymphing as all I do is look at indicators all summer long on the North Platte river.

·
Registered
844 Posts
There is a site upstream from Bond, on river left. After that, you would have to wait until within 5 miles of Catamount and there are sites on river left. I would go with the Bond site, IIWY.

·
Registered
262 Posts
If you camp at the Bond site, MAKE SURE TO BRING YOUR EARPLUGS! That is probably the loudest site on the river as far as train noise - several tracks intersect at Bond, so there are trains stopping and starting and making those lovely squealing turns all night. And be prepared for the train headlights shining into your tent periodically thru the night.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
There are stealth sites too- right where you are looking. Pay attention to the gaps in the tammies and you can find a few treasures. River left

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.