Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for information on the St. Joes river in Idaho. From what AW shows, it's all most all class II, some III, but somewhere there is a section of IV, but no information on it. There is a good chance I'm moving to Avery along side it this summer and curious to know what it would be like.

That said, what creeking is nearby as well??

Are there any forums for Idaho or eastern WA for boating? I'm going to need people to paddle with?

Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
My brother and two other good boating buddies of mine live near cascade/garden valley/boise areas, Id. I'll be boating there this summer with them and moving there as well come late winter. Happy to boat with ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
302 Posts
I don't think you're allowed to live somewhere close to good paddling. You ever get tired of that class 2 I'd be glad to show you the lines on Waterton. Now that's some water!

Sent from my iPad using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol, thanks all, minus bluesky. Plenty of good water in idaho, and now I won't have to drive 5 hours to get to it. Anything beats New Jersey.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No park, switching agencies. Going to the US Forest Service. Will be in Avery or St. Maries, northern ID. Come up and paddle with me! Ton of Op'ers in the area too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The section approaching class IV is the Tumbledown section. I am not sure it's really class IV, but it's fun, especially at higher water. There are some good creeks in the area, too. Slate Creek is right there and it's super classic, if short, class IV with lots of bedrock. It can be run at a wide range of flows and is fun even really low. Marble Creek also flows into the St. Joe and is bigger volume class IV-ish boulder gardens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts