Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the flow is not 220~

Matt can you give us an update?

I am interested in heading up there tomorrow or Wednesday - if it is almost worthwhile.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Word from the water guys is about 100 cfs coming out of the north st vrain today (5/11) . That puts about 120ish in SSV. Whats your min Cliff? Not sure what almost worthwhile flows are.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know how low i'd go.

I guess 150, unless I drove up there & it was lower. I'd have to boat it anyway.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Yeah, I ran it at 130 during LOG last year. It was fun but definitely bone-zone desperation mank. I'd probably say 150 is a good min.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Water guys reported 100 cfs coming out of buttonrock through lower NSV today. Lyons gauge up over 300 today. 200ish in SSV? Anybody got any recent reports from this week.

·
Registered
682 Posts
200 is getting to where it's starting to get good outside the Narrows. :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Ran it last night and it felt like a good 200. 200 seems to be about where the run starts getting pretty worthy if you know the lines. 225 is really nice.

I think Alex already posted this but there is a (sorta involved) calculation that seems to be pretty accurate:

Take Middle Saint Vrain at Peaceful Valley Detail Graph

Add SSV near Ward Detail Graph

Subtract Saint Vrain supply canal near Lyons Division

That puts it at 200ish last night and 190ish right now. Unfortunately this cold snap will probably shut it down until we get some more 90 degree temps.

Who do I contact about getting the above calculation done on Eddyflower? I'm not smart/patient enough to do that math every time I think about SSV (which is about 10X/day.)

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Spoke with longmont water guys this morning. 180 coming out of NSV below buttonrock. That puts about 220 in SSV this morning, if lyons is 400ish. Next couple of days they may increase NSV flows to 200-220.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts