·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the SSV is up to 230 cfs?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Hey Paul, I think the gauge that I've always used is the SAINT VRAIN CREEK AT LYONS, CO but I could be wrong. This is currently reading 129, and the NSV gauge isn't working right now.

I could be wrong, and I hope so, because the reason I started looking was because I want to go asap if it is going. Does anyone else know? Marty, Matt?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Link is wrong. Cutch is right. The current gauge being used (SVCPLACO) on eddyflower to subtract NSV from is out on the plains east of I-25. The correct gauge to subtract the NSV flow from is the St. Vrain at Lyons gauge (SVCLYOCO). The gist is SSV ain't runin'.

The NSV gauge in Lyons (the one used to subtract from the main St. Vrain flow to estimate SSV) is down and I think when DWR updated their website they changed the name or worse, may have taken the gauge off-line.
LYODIVCO is the town of Lyons diversion gauge not the NSV at Lyons gauge. I'm not sure what happened to the NSV at Lyons gauge but until it becomes clear which gauge is reading NSV at Lyons, an accurate estimate for SSV is going to be hard to come by. But - if the St. Vrain at Lyons gauge is reading 500 cfs or over (May/June) then SSV very likely to be running.

Kind of confusing but for right now all you need to know is that between both the north and the south forks combined there is only 143 cfs, i.e. not enough.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Replaced SVCPLACO with SVCLYOCO, she should be good to go. Thanks for the feedback! Keep me posted on the NSV gauge in Lyons. If you notice any other Saint Vrain gauge changes let me know.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
This is the link to the NCWCD flow out of the culvert that feeds the O-hole.. http://www.ncwcd.org/datareports/flowdata.asp?sid=4021
...this should be added to the gage (SAINT VRAIN) below the A-hole and that's a good approximation to the O-hole........Not sure that Paul (eddyflower) can convert the NCWCD gage and do the auto combine....but that would be sweet.. (paul?).................Arn and I have talked about setting up a webcam..........(bring it on wise crackers). Does anyone have experience with this....???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts