Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a thread on MtBz a while back about those damned squeaking oar locks. People suggested all kinds of remedies, each of which would create a black greasy mess. The best thing you could ever use is right in most peoples ammo can already! Are you ready for this........ DR. BRONNERS SOAP!!! It will last for a few days and it won't get everything black and greasy! Try it you WILL like it!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I saw a thread on MtBz a while back about those damned squeaking oar locks. People suggested all kinds of remedies, each of which would create a black greasy mess. The best thing you could ever use is right in most peoples ammo can already! Are you ready for this........ DR. BRONNERS SOAP!!! It will last for a few days and it won't get everything black and greasy! Try it you WILL like it!
Dr. Bronners. Nice. Should've tried that last week. Minty fresh, too...

·
Registered
829 Posts
You could just spit on them too, probably last as long as the soap. Had to do that once when I was in bfe on a fishing pontoon, seem to remember it lasting a couple days.

Never had any issue with using just a small amount of white lithium grease though.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FYI I am a 30 year metal worker, any type of grease when added to ground brass, will make a black gooey substance that will stick to fabrics like your pfd for ever... Happy spitting in BFE!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.