Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last week I started a thread looking for input on good ELF runs on the western slope cause I was gonna solo something local, but as the week went by I managed to talk myself into running the lower Blue. Now the lower Blue is nowhere close to the western slope, it's a 4hr. drive from Montrose, but I really wanted 2 newer paddling buddies to enjoy this late season gem. So we call 2 other Ark. boaters and agree to meet at the Spring Creek take-out by 10 a.m. Everyone showed up on time and off we go to the put-in for a 2 run day.
Well as we come around the third bend in the river there we meet 6 other kayakers parked in a huge eddie, with 3 being ladies. After making intros we decided to kinda hang-out for the paddle. The lower Blue has got a ton of great little surf waves so we spent alot of time just really encouraging everyone to play as much as possible.
Having such a large group (14 ) was really fun and made any rescue so easy. The weather was just fantastic, the scenery magnificent, and the river really fun. This was definitely one of the best river trips of 2014 all on a moments notice. Logan Imyers took some action shots so maybe he can post those on this thread. Thanks to everyone for a great day, and yes we ran it twice that day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts