Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The whitewater park here In salmon should be complete by Christmas. Come spring I would like to be able to get in on the action. I have seen a few videos of people surfing spuds and think it would be a decent option. Does anyone here have real world experiences with spuds in whitewater parks... I have a RMR storm, a 156R , and a tandem IK. I also have a 4 and 6 year old and think a spud would be a no Brainerd to add to the quiver.. I'm only 5'7" 165lbs so I don't think the spud would be too small. I'm not really interested in a hardshell.

·
Westernmost
56 Posts
I am personally too large for the Spud (5'11", 240) and picked up a Tater, I have a great time surfing parks in my area with it. I do know a lot of adults who do fit the Spud around your size, and have a great time using it as a play boat. Great IK for your kids too.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am like Westernmost, too big for the spud - I'm 240 as well and I'm pretty sure I would sink the Spud. My daughter wanted the spud but I insisted on the Tater so that I could use it when she is not (although I'm usually rowing anyway). Anyway, we got the Tater is a blast and yes it is still pretty small, but at least big enough to throw a dry bag on the back if you want to do an overnighter.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I got myself, I mean my daughter a spud for her 7th birthday. I’m 5’10” 170# and it is a blast. It makes the littlest stuff more fun.
I have had some unique swims surfin in WW parks. It is awesome because I can surf the tiniest little waves on our class two town run.
Given your size a spud would be fine for puttering locally, but a the tater might make more sense if you want to do actual river running and not have a wet butt the whole time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts