Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best spray skirt to roll with these days? I think it's time for a replacement. Main priority would be a good fit on a Jefe. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
SnapDragon. I don't know how the fit is but I got 4 seasons dry and one leaky out of my last one. I bought the exact same one again and love it. Tight, Dry and Reliable.

COUNT

P.S. Had awesome customer service experience with my last purchase, too.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hopefully Jon can get Mountain Surf going again.

Experience Bliss Stick, since you're a reseller for Skirtworks and two of the Mountain Surf designers started the company, what has been done differently?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Experience Bliss Stick, since you're a reseller for Skirtworks and two of the Mountain Surf designers started the company, what has been done differently?
Important question: They changed the rands. They are using an all natural UV protected rands, this means the sun light does not effect it . It will not break down and crack the way sinthetic rubber does. It also goes back to natural form better. It is truely just better rubber!! Also they put their own rands together to insure they are properly sealed. Most rands you see today are a hard synthetic rubber based rand, theirs are not!! This creates a better seal.

Also, in building skirts for years, they have noticed paddle marks, so they added more Aramid to the casings. Their casing are 4" to help accomadate paddle marks!! Which inturn means they had to cut down the deck, but still allow for the stretch, that took some time!!

All of their handles are double sewn and boxed. They chose Fire Orange so it is more visible even under water!! When someone is in trouble they feel this may help. The handle that they decided to go with is a heavier handle which holds the handle open for a better grip.

They have noticed that some companies use a material called diamond faced neoprene. It is a ruffer texture which tends to scar from paddle marks and even where the tunnel rubs the deck from side to side motion. They chose to use 3.5 mil neoprene because it has the most stretch for comfort and performance. The nylon is laminated on both sides. It has been their experience that nylon laminated decks can endure more abuse.

Once you pick up and hold their skirts you'll feel and see the difference.

Cheers,

Briere

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Wow. I might have to check one of these out. Any dealers or people with one around the CO?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not to my knowledge. Yet.

And to sweeten the deal they stand behind their product.

All SkirtworkS skirts are fully guaranteed for 3 years to the original owner against defect, material and craftsmanship. If they find one of their skirts to be defective they will repair or replace the product at their own discretion.

Well worth it!

·
Registered
61 Posts
One more thing I wanted to add....

Ladies. Tired of wearing the same old skirts that do not fit. SkirtworkS makes a ladies fit in all of their models. Not just one!

What is a ladies fit?

The Ladies fit tunnel has a 2 inch flair at the hip area allowing for a better fit for the slimmer waist. Most women have wider hips than men, but smaller waist lines.

·
Registered
22 Posts
snapdragon! I have had my snapdragon with an implosion bar for three seasons now. The stiching on the outter ring started coming undone on me last year (the skirts third season) and i sent it back. Even though it was out of waranty they were nice enough to fix it for free and even paid for the shipping. The turn around time was super fast as well. Excellent skirts and Excellent customer service.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Wildwasser Eldo if you have any troubles just walk into wildwasser in boulder and they will take care of it as good as all the other companies service is any mail transaction will take two weeks and that seems like years during kayak season.
David

1 - 15 of 15 Posts