Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to the MB folks that replied to questions about Cataract and Westwater. After a MB lead on the Gunnison I have decided on a Gunny trip in May. We are going with wilderness aware. I am kayaking (hardsheel) and my wife, mom, and sis will be in the raft. We have 4 people and there are 10 total slots. If anyone is interested in going on the trip email me or contact the Wilderness aware folks. The cost is $429 pp. The trip is two days with and overnight camp. I know it is kind of steep vs. a private trip, but I am coming from out of state and have no raft gear and it works well to bring my mom and sis, who are inexperienced but would like a taste of a cool river trip. It would be super cool if another kayaker wanted to come along and bring some non-boating folks who want to get a taste of a cool river. Email is [email protected]

Thanks!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Thats cool that your trying for a trip, but just remember its a mile down to the river that you have to carry all your gear. A kayak is easy, but a raft and gear is a pain to do. Good luck getting people to go, I would but sorry, I can do a one dayer for under 10$. There is also talk about the river pumping out good water in May, so you might hit it just right too.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
The commercial trip carry their gear down via mules, so he doesn't have to worry about that - it's paid for, I'm sure. As long as the folks can manage the hike, it'll be a great trip. Private trips can hire the mule train as well; I hear it's around $100 or so, but I've only kayaked this stretch so I've never hired them myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts