Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15' inflatable raft and 12' two person IK with gear for multi-day trips
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My brother had to cancel out of a family San Juan trip April 6th from Mexican Hat to Clay Hills so have some spots available. We're new to Mountain Buzz but have decent river experience (Yampa/Lodore, Westwater, Ruby Horsethief, Deso/Gray, and have run the San Juan several times) over the last 5 years. We run a 14'6" raft with a 2-person IK. Wife & I are in our early 40's with 3 kids (8-12 yo), and a pretty relaxed family. We'd be primarily interested in other families with similarly aged kids or seasoned (retirement age) rafters who might not mind being around kids. Our kids are respectful and good natured, but have their moments as all kids do. Everybody would need to have their own gear (but some sharing is good) and be capable of handling their rafts independently - I won't have the bandwidth to handle my kids and effectively guide inexperienced boaters at the same time.

We don't really drink but don't mind at all if others do drink as long as it's not a thing - just don't like the vibe with our kids when others are perpetually buzzed.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
I sort of fit the seasoned rafter past retirement age. I have children your age. I also have a friend that is a little older than me. Because we are old enough to know better than try to load a boat alone, we are a matched pair. We have plenty of gear and both can cook. We also have plenty of experience with young rafters. Both have our covid shots and would be pleased to join your trip if invited. E-mail me at [email protected] msn.com if you want two old guys to join you.

·
Registered
15' inflatable raft and 12' two person IK with gear for multi-day trips
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sort of fit the seasoned rafter past retirement age. I have children your age. I also have a friend that is a little older than me. Because we are old enough to know better than try to load a boat alone, we are a matched pair. We have plenty of gear and both can cook. We also have plenty of experience with young rafters. Both have our covid shots and would be pleased to join your trip if invited. E-mail me at [email protected] msn.com if you want two old guys to join you.
Sounds good, just sent an email,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts