Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the sizing chart for the current Sweet Protection Rocker Helmets accurate? I have heard a couple complaints that the stated size was too tight for some, I'm just wondering if it was likely human error. I am planning to order one this week and can't really afford to order 2 different sizes to try right now so I figured I'd ask here. My head circumference is 23" and I'm pretty certain that I don't have an abnormally round head, so what would y'all suggest? According to their charts I'm a M/L with .20" of wiggle room.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is the sizing chart for the current Sweet Protection Rocker Helmets accurate? I have heard a couple complaints that the stated size was too tight for some, I'm just wondering if it was likely human error. I am planning to order one this week and can't really afford to order 2 different sizes to try right now so I figured I'd ask here. My head circumference is 23" and I'm pretty certain that I don't have an abnormally round head, so what would y'all suggest? According to their charts I'm a M/L with .20" of wiggle room.
I have a 24-inch head, and am returning an L/XL Rocker because it's too dang tight. Like headache within 3 minutes tight. I tried stretching it out (the helmet, not my head), taking the ear pads off, and everything else I could think of. For me, the problem wasn't the tensioner or the brim as much as the crown of the helmet; it seems to be smaller than the brim. So I'd say the SP sizing runs small, although that's just based on this one helmet. The sizing chart says the L/XL is up to 24", but there's just no way my 24" noggin is going to work with it. I'm going to go with the Gath Gedi, because they make larger sizes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 24-inch head, and am returning an L/XL Rocker because it's too dang tight. Like headache within 3 minutes tight. I tried stretching it out (the helmet, not my head), taking the ear pads off, and everything else I could think of. For me, the problem wasn't the tensioner or the brim as much as the crown of the helmet; it seems to be smaller than the brim. So I'd say the SP sizing runs small, although that's just based on this one helmet. The sizing chart says the L/XL is up to 24", but there's just no way my 24" noggin is going to work with it. I'm going to go with the Gath Gedi, because they make larger sizes.
Thank you for sharing, luckily the M/L fit me, it was a little snug at first but is fine now. I agree that their Rockers at least, run a tad on the small size in comparison to their charts. I have heard that the WRSI L/XL are also larger than the SP helmets if you don't like the fit of that Gath.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts