Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a post in April about a log in Devils Creek rapid. Anybody have any recent beta on this?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Nothing recent but I heard from SF Salmon boaters that it would be above the surface at these current levels. Scout right to see the log better than from the left.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
NWboater
102 Posts
I wasn't on the trip, but I had friends do a SFS a couple weeks ago. The log in Devil's creek is obstructing the bottom portion of the river left line. I saw video at least. The group was able to make it over/around the log.
It looked like it could become sketchy with a raft as the water drops. Surely someone who has seen it in person will comment below.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I was there on May 25th. We had heard that the log was gone and we did NOT see it.

The level was 4.2

It could have just been underwater, but again, we saw no signs of it. I have some friends there now and I can ask them about it as well. If they reply, I will post again.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi again, my friends just got off the river today (June 16th). They say no wood in Devil's Creek, all clean.

So have fun out there!

·
Registered
786 Posts
We have a South Fork trip planned for a July 2 launch. Flows are below 2.6' now keep dropping pretty quickly - what is the river like in the low 2' range? Below?

Thanks.

·
Caw! Caw!
66 Posts
This is a super helpful thread; thanks to all who've posted in it.

From looking at the videos posted above, I'm thinking it's getting too low for a 14' catboat to comfortably run it. A group of us (with three 14' cats) were looking at a 6/26 launch. Perhaps it's time to bust out the IK's...

Oh, and first post here. :)

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
hey AlanS, I would think your right about the 14'er. I would sat that 3' is the cut off for running rubber. Gray hound and Elk creek get really tight under 3' At 2.5' you would probably have to break down and re-rig for both. Below 2' and you'd have to fight a bunch of narrow drops. If all goes well, I too will be on the SFS 6.26.2015

1 - 13 of 13 Posts