Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any insight on whether the water flow for this section may be better than prior years given the high snowpack & conclusion of work on Cheesman reservoir? Got some elderly family members that want to run something mild and scenic in a raft. I don't really want to drive them all the way to BV or up to Fort Collins. This river section fits bill perfectly, but not at 200CFS, which is where it's been (or less) most of the last 2 years. I would never take a raft on that section at 200 CFS, but would at say 500 or more (which for a few weeks in 2011, it was that high and even higher).

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Sure hope that applies to Chatfield and releases for Union and the town run..it 's been. a while since a good Union season...makes for great afterwork practice sessions and is not too nasty if it is dam released....wish they 'd do it soon so as to shake off the rust before stuff is all of the sudden cranking....Decker's used to run a lot higher, like 1500 sometimes, Chutes is pretty fun at those levels...Waterton too....

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure hope that applies to Chatfield and releases for Union and the town run..it 's been. a while since a good Union season...makes for great afterwork practice sessions and is not too nasty if it is dam released....wish they 'd do it soon so as to shake off the rust before stuff is all of the sudden cranking....Decker's used to run a lot higher, like 1500 sometimes, Chutes is pretty fun at those levels...Waterton too....
I ran the Chutes in 2011 in a ducky at around 1200 and it was a lot of fun. That section past the chutes where there is a giant wall on the left was a wave train for 200 yards. Never had so much fun back there. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Just bought my 14 year old son his own ducky and would love to use that area to practice - really hard to get yourself in any trouble back there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts