Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am thinking about picking up a 12'6 Sotar Legend with the idea to run some tougher stuff, but I am wondering what people think about it's ability in mellow stuff? I would like an all around boat, but am I crazy to think that I could take this boat out for an overnighter in a class II run, like say the upper San Juan, with buddies (who have their own rig)? I know it's not built for this and a raft would be ideal, but I would ideally like to be able to use this boat for a little bit of everything while I save up for a gear rig. Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm looking at getting a Legend for some crossover use as well and have received positive feedback. Check out some of the other Legend threads like Sotar St or Legend etc.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
What are you talking about, being crazy for an overnighter Class II? I take mine on 6 day trips, carry plenty of gear, and it floats just fine on flat water. Wind can be a bitch, as with any boat. When I got mine I was a little skeptical of its gear hauling ability, but it does great. Even when loaded, it surfs wells, drops Dagger Falls smooth, and I can row it like a banshee on flat water to make miles. It's a sweet little boat, you can't go wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts