Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
River Gypsy
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm needing pictures of Clear Creek for the guidebook I'm working on, and would love it if someone would get me some shots of the Kermitts, Black Rock, and Lower Clear Creek sections.

I prefer wider shots that have a paddler but also show the character of the run and setting. I would also prefer that there be more than 500 cfs in the shots.

Photos that are accepted for use in the book will get the photographer a free guidebook, and also enter them in the drawing to win a new Pyranha kayak.

You can email hi-res shots (only one per email please) to [email protected]

More on the book at The River Gypsies

Thanks!

Leland

·
Registered
44 Posts
NC boaters

Hey Leland!

We met briefly on the Cheoah last fall, and I have passed by your creekin clinics on Wilsons a number of times, also regularly use your wifes yoga for paddlers. .. My wife and I are from NC and have the NC rivers and creeks book, but have alot of boating to get done there still as we are currently living in Durango, CO. -Clear Creek is on our list and it would be a privledge to get you a few shots, we'll do our best. . .

See you out there.

-Drew

·
River Gypsy
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So how big is the "region" that Clear Creek falls into?
The region is Colorado, so from the Poudre down to Durango. I think 35ish runs and playspots from that region will be in the book. although the final number is variable from day to day as I lay it out and see what fits, what works, etc.

Drew- hope you're enjoying Durango, and hope to get some good pics from you! Hopefully in a week or two the shots will roll in and I'll finish the CO chapter...

What I really need too are some Royal Gorge shots.

Leland

·
KDT
207 Posts
Leland-
Are there any others in the CO (mostly southern) area that you're needing shots of?

·
River Gypsy
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm feeling pretty good about the rest of Colorado right now. I could probably use one small pic from the Upper East, and some Mishawaka photos from the Poudre, but mostly I'm winding up the Colorado chapter right now.

BC, Washington, and Colorado are almost finished, Northern Rockies and Eastern Mexico are half done, and Southeast is maybe 1/3 of the way done.

Leland

1 - 8 of 8 Posts