Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is to freekin low to paddle!!! What am I going to do? How can I make it through another winter with out white water in my life? It is over I can't believe all the water is gone!! I am devastated!

All season long you know that the day will come when all the water is gone, when you can fix your boats, broken bones, torn up legs, ect..But you can never prepare yourself for the actual day!! When it is gone, all gone... Why, why, why??

I just don't know what else to say
Patrick

·
River Gypsy
255 Posts
you need to move south.

let's see what's running today...

Green (always) V
North Fork FB IV
FB III
Horsepasture V+
Wilson Creek IV
Chattooga IV
Watauga IV
Cullasaja V+
Linville Gorge V

and i'm not even sure, but the ocoee may still be doing fridays?

oh, and the gauley and meadow are running 4.5 hours away.

you need to relocate.

L

·
Registered
316 Posts
Snow is coming.... Looks like it is going to be a great year too!

Ever been sking at Winter Place in West Virginia or Snowshoe? Not too mention Sugar Mountain in NC

Dont think I will be relocating anytime soon.

ben

·
Registered
118 Posts
Patrick,

I've been tellin' ya for years, you gotta move to Driggs. Snake runs year round (OK, its a bit cold in February) and Winter Wave should be in by this weekend. And the best skiing in North America. And year-round boating also available just north in Montana. I'll drink a beer for you tonight. Hmmmm, maybe I should go check out that slide north of here this weekend, maybe it is spring-fed.

Cheers,

Doug

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Gore

You've got Gore through the weekend. And, Westwater is at a great play level.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well, now that everyone is talkin' a little smack about what to paddle, I'll add that the NF Payette, North of Boise, is still tons-o-fun at the current level. After boatin' that, I may head up to the main Salmon to surf Cat's Paw, then camp and chill on the white sand beachs and drink beer with the bros. Of course I'll hit the NF on the way home again Sunday night.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Got to agree, there is not enough water in the world to justify living in the East. Especially in West Virginia, I've been there, many scary little, hillbilly towns. LOL!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Big T flows

Heard today that there will be a big release of water from Estes Lake starting on the 11th of October (this coming Monday). Something like 300 cfs. Get it while you can!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Big T flows not happening

All,
It was just a rumor. Releases from Olympus Dam to the Big T have done nothing but go down. Currently (10/12) we are releasing around 81 cfs.

The larger calls for water on the Big T should be about wrapped up, by now.

If you have any questions, feel free to give me a call.

Best,
Kara

·
Registered
510 Posts
Whoops--phone number would help :oops:

(970) 962-4326. I'm in all day today. Off tomorrow. Back on Thursday.

--Kara

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not on the east coast. Gauley, Russell Fork, Moose, Tallulah, Yough, and the Chattooga runs all years, as does Great Falls.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts