·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope this is legit. I just ordered one!
Well my brother is a graphic designer in Denver and says he knows a few of the people on the project. So if anything goes wrong let me know and I will see if I can get some answers but it seems to be well intentioned. Hope you enjoy your tee!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Those tee-shirts are great. I just posted the link to my face book page to help spread the word....like wildfire....

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Just ordered 2 tee's and posted on FB as well - spread the word, not the fire!

·
Registered
49 Posts
These guys are legit. I am close friends with one of the main designers. They are totally blown away by the support that has been shown. The more shirts people purchase the less they will have to pay per shirt and therefore more money will go to relief. 100% of profits are going directly back to colorado wildfire relief.

Check them out. It is a great cause with some awesome shirts!

·
Registered
279 Posts
I got one (would have got more but broke) posted on fb. A buddy of mine made a asshole comment though. " isn't that what insurance is for." I had to remind him he didn't have renters insurance before he got his house, and insurance doesn't cover loss of work, basic needs, etc.... I am going to have to give him shit for years to come.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got one (would have got more but broke) posted on fb. A buddy of mine made a asshole comment though. " isn't that what insurance is for." I had to remind him he didn't have renters insurance before he got his house, and insurance doesn't cover loss of work, basic needs, etc.... I am going to have to give him shit for years to come.
It is no doubt that having insurance is a good idea and definitely helps but I have heard of some people having horrible times with insurance companies when these things happen, like unless you have documented all of your belongings it is hard to get them to replace everything or some insurance companies have a cap when it comes to these things, not to mention deductibles. I had a $3000 bike stolen 2 years ago after they figured in devalue and the deductible I walked away with $700 which is what the fork cost alone on that bike.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Has anyone that ordered these t-shirts received them yet? I ordered mine back on June 28th(2 weeks ago today), and no sign of them yet. Was just curious if they're that backed up, or did I F&%$ up my order somehow.

Note - I did send them a request for status today as well.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Here's what their site says about shipping in the FAQ - I'm guessing no shirts have actually shipped quite yet, but hopefully soon.
Where is my shirt? (Also: How long will it take to get here? How are you sending it?)

Because we want every penny to go to support Colorado Wildfires as quickly as possible, we are working on a pre-ordering system. When you ordered, your ship date was listed on our website at the top. Here's how the shipping looks now:
Batch 1 Shirts:</B> Order placed between 6/27 and 6/30 at 12:00pm MST = Ship mid-July
<H6>Batch 2 Shirts:</B> Order placed between 6/30 at 12:00pm MST to current day = Ship end of July
We're working on printing and shipping them early, so they might come sooner. They are being shipped with a tracking number which you can check out on your paypal, but they are being shipped regular old USPS mail (to keep more money going to where it needs it), so you'll understand if it's not showing up at your doorstep tomorrow. Shipping times vary, so please be patient.
If we've let you know that your shirt has shipped and you haven't received your shirt yet (and you should have), submit an order inquiry form here.

</H6>

·
Renaissance *******
1,306 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Speaking of insurance, these guys are catching a break from Obamacare... sort of.
Despite Obama order, DeGette looks to make wildland firefighter health insurance permanent | Real Vail | Vail Valley News, Guides, and Information
Until now the smoke jumpers used to go door to door at the houses they saved with a cup asking for donations. But the ranchette owners usually told them to get a real job and stay off their property unless there is another emergency.
Did you actually read the article, or simply misread the headline?

·
Renaissance *******
1,306 Posts
Good sleuthing Tex.

Did you actually read the article, or simply misread the headline?
Actually I heard the story on NPR.
Firefighters Prevail In Fight for Health Insurance : Shots - Health Blog : NPR
Not sure I misread the headline though... maybe you did.
According to the article DeGette wants to back up Obamacare. Probably, in case another Texan gets put in office.
YeahYeah technically it's not Obamacare. I just like to use the word because the wingnuts do.
BTW my family has this same insurance (Blue Cross for federal employees) and it is way better than even what I am offered as a public school teacher.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts